We apply our focus on tax and financial matters in providing a broad range of legal services so that all matters are solved in the most tax-efficient manner possible.
- Prepare plans to reduce and defer income and sales taxes.
- Prepare plans to split income among family members.
- Incorporation of professionals.
- Establishment of Family Trusts.
Tax Disputes and Litigation
- Represent clients during audits by the Canada Revenue Agency and the Commissioner of Social Service Tax (re Provincial sales taxes).
- Represent clients by making submissions to and negotiating settlements with the appeals division of the Canada Revenue Agency and the Ministry of Provincial Revenue (re Provincial sales taxes).
- Represent clients in collection matters involving tax authorities.
- Represent clients in tax appeals to all levels of court including the Tax Court of Canada, the Supreme Court of British Columbia and the British Columbia Court of Appeal.
Corporate and Commercial Matters
- Incorporate companies under Federal and British Columbia law, including British Columbia Unlimited Liability Corporations.
- Prepare corporate documents to implement tax-effective corporate reorganizations.
Prepare shareholder agreements.
- Prepare documents to create general partnerships, limited partnerships and limited liability partnerships.
- Prepare documents to create family, alter ego and joint partner trusts.
- Prepare and maintain corporate records for British Columbia and extra-provincially registered companies.